Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Alegria Is SOOO Helpful!

Our day was busy. 

Alegria, wonderful daughter that she is, as soon as we got Odette out of her crib this morning and I told Alegria that I needed to change Odette's diaper, well, she went and set everything up for me!  What a sweetheart!


We then all got dressed and took an hour-long walk.



While I showered, Odette got into the laundry and, as Alegria says, "She made a mess!"  Alegria was so sweet yet again and, without being asked, put the laundry back in the basket for me to fold at a later date...


When I was done getting ready, we had some breakfast.  The girls "helped" me partially unload the dishwasher:


Then Alegria decided the dishwasher rack was cool enough to be a bed for Big Bear!



Finally we headed out and went to the Dollar Tree to look for a couple of things for the girls' birthday parties.  As I was rummaging through some shelves, Alegria followed my lead and rummaged through a shelf, too...and even arranged the stuffed elephants ever so nicely!  (By the way, if you notice, her shorts are on backwards.  Up to know, we've not put any zippered pants or shorts on her to facilitate potty breaks, so she's not familiar with the fact that a zipper should go in the front!  Don't worry, I explained it to her eventually today!)


Alegria had been such a sweet child all morning long, I didn't see why she couldn't have a $1 stuffed elephant:



We came home and Odette napped. While she napped, I worked on two worksheets that I needed to make for the stake primary activity next weekend and then I printed them off.

Cameron called and we talked for a short while, but the girls had started being a little loud and difficult, so we hung up and he said he'd call tomorrow.  :)  It's always great to hear his voice, no matter for how long!  :)

The girls and I played...

Here's Alegria playing "Catch Odette:"


But Odette REALLY did not like that game!



At about 6, we went to Walmart so I could get a sugar-free cake mix for my cousin's birthday cake that I'm making this weekend, as well as some more printer ink and a few other things.

What's a trip to Walmart without a trip to the potty?  :)



After that, we went to the church building in Killeen, where we were for a little over an hour, printing off the song books and worksheets that I had typed up. :)

The girls found many ways to entertain themselves:














On the way home, Alegria almost fell asleep:


Once home, I realized that Alegria had left Odette's giraffe on a shelf in the copy room. I'll have to call Sister Hefner to see if she can get it for me...

I got Odette ready for bed while Allie got in her PJs. Then I nursed Odie and put her to bed by 9:35.

While I was putting Odette to bed, Alegria did a great job cleaning up her room and then we did the whole bedtime routine and she went to bed pretty fast.

I was tempted to nap after leaving Alegria's room, but instead I got started on stuff that I needed to do. I baked the cakes, fed the dog and fish, did a load of laundry, cleaned up in the kitchen and living room, and loaded and ran the dishwasher.

And that's been our day!

G'night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!