Friday, May 15, 2009

Alegria is one cool kid!!!

Don't you agree?

She must take after her Aunt Abilehi!!! :)

Then again...maybe not! :)

HAHAHA! This first picture was actually taken two days ago. Yes, people! I turned my back for a second and Alegria had decided that the door stopper was a chew toy! And then today, she was crawling around in the dining room and found...let's see...a different yet same exact chew toy! Alegria's a riot! I just don't understand what's going on in her head for her to think that this is a chew toy or sucker. Well, actually, now that I think about it, this type of door stopper is springy, so every time it's touched, it "boings," so that makes it fun to play with and I can therefore see where she can think of it as a toy. My, oh my! :)

Let's see. Today was a pretty relaxed day. Abilehi had to go to work for a few hours in the morning, but then she came home and our new visiting teacher and friend, Pauline, stopped by with her youngest son, Jacob, and we visited for a while. Little Jacob is so cute and he was making Alegria smile and laugh! It was adorable!

After they left, Alegria went down for a nap and Abilehi and I just chilled. I uploaded pictures from Abilehi's phone to her computer and Abilehi checked her email. I also made a few phone calls concerning the Optima.

Alegria woke up a little after 3 and I'm so glad she did, because that gave me a chance to nurse her before heading out to run a few errands. Once she was fed, she was happy and Alegria happily let Abilehi change her diaper...and even when I waved and said "bye-bye!" to her, she just smiled and made no fuss about it! That was nice. :)

So I first went to City Hall, where I purchased biodegradable lawn bags to bag our grass clippings. It took a little longer than I thought because the receptionist kept getting a lot of phone calls. It wasn't too bad, though.

Next I went to the DMV, where I went to get the 1st lien holder on our Optima's title removed, since Cameron and I paid the car off and are the sole owners of it now. Also, my name was misspelled on the title, so I had to get that corrected. While I was there, the gentleman at the counter asked if I wanted to get my registration renewed as well, so I did, that way I didn't have to go back in a month.

Last of all, I went to the post office to return a package and have it shipped to Cameron in Kentucky. I picked up some 2-cent stamps as well.

Finally, I came home and Alegria was more than happy to see me. She and I played while Abilehi rested a bit.

Then I gave Alegria some baby chicken noodle dinner. At first Alegria didn't want anything to do with it. She did want the spoon I was feeding her with. I finally gave in to her and gave her the spoon I was using. I thought that was it and that her food would go to waste, but then I decided to try feeding Alegria with the spoon she was originally just playing with...and that worked! Alegria ate all of her chicken noodle! For dessert, Abilehi and I cut open a watermelon, cut it into cubes, and put it in Tupperware to have as a snack for the next few days. I gave Alegria some to try, but she didn't like it very much. I don't blame her. I did a poor job on picking a watermelon and it was not the sweetest. Oh well. Maybe another time!

After dinner, we all went to the office, where we played with Alegria's toys. While doing so, I put on the soundtrack to "The Phantom of the Opera" and sang along to a few of the tracks in my loudest voice. I kept singing towards Alegria and making my eyes wide and dramatic and she loved it! :) It was sure fun!!!

Finally, it was time for Alegria to go to bed, so I nursed her (boy, is THAT getting hard to do! She just wants to play!!!), then I gave her a bath. After her bath, we brushed her gums and read a book. Then I played two songs for her of Cameron singing to her and kissed her good night and laid her in her crib. It didn't take long for Alegria to drift off to dream land... :)

Once Alegria was in bed, Abilehi and I had some dinner, after which I went to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple of things.

When I got home, Abilehi had cleaned up and the kitchen was ready for me to make some brownies...YUM! Tomorrow Nefilinda and Fernando are coming over and I'm making a Caramel Cream Brownie Trifle for dessert!

I did talk to Cameron a few times today. Earlier today, they had an after-action review, which is pretty much the guys letting the ones in charge know what they thought of the training phase. Cameron said that it went on for an hour over what it should have because a few of the guys kept having to make comments on every single little thing. Needless to say, he was annoyed at being there longer than necessary. I talked to Cameron a few other times while he was busy washing up some gear that he has to turn in. I also talked to Cameron right before he went to bed. We're both very excited to see each other next week! YAY!!!

So even though it was a relaxed day, it was also kind of busy and I'm glad that bed time is finally here!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!