Monday, May 18, 2009


So...yesterday I wrote about Alegria sleeping all through the night...well, I shouldn't have, because I jinxed it! She woke up at about 2 or 3, and then at 4:30. The first two times, I think she went to sleep after crying only a little bit. But at 4:30, she cried longer, and finally at about 5, I went to get her and nurse her. I fell asleep in the rocking chair as I nursed her and at about 6, I put her in her crib. She slept until about 7 again, which meant that her schedule was off.

*sigh* Oh well.

Once Alegria woke up, I took her pajamas off and let her run around in only her diaper. It's been getting warmer and warmer, and I wish I could run around in just underwear, too!

I've been reading the Twilight books and Alegria decided she wanted to join the club of Edward fans! :)

She's a fast reader! She barely started Eclipse today, and look at how far along she is already! :)

Here she is, playing with a blanket from a suitcase. See, the reason her clothes and blankets are in a suitcase is because I haven't bought her a dresser yet. We've been traveling so much and spending a lot on plane tickets, that I haven't wanted to invest in a dresser yet. And in any case, we've been living out of suitcases so much that until we're not traveling anymore, that's about as good a place as I have to keep her stuff.

I love the face she's making in this one! :)

Here we were later in the day in the office and Alegria was playing around with the straps of Great Great Grandpa Ben's saddle and lasso.

And then at one point, it got quiet behind me and I asked Abilehi, "Is the baby with you?" (Abilehi was getting ready to go to Family Home Evening), and she told me that no, "She's in her room!" And sure enough, I went to look and there Alegria was, contentedly "reading" her books! She's getting to be much more independent now and doesn't mind leaving me while she goes off on her own. I leave her room door open for her to feel free to do so. All of the outlets have covers and there's nothing breakable or dangerous in there, so I just go and check on her when she decides to go off on her own. :) She's adorable!

Today I also mowed the lawn. I wasn't sure if it would still take me a long time to mow it, so I decided to try mowing the front during Alegria's morning nap and the back during Alegria's afternoon nap. Well, I thought Alegria was tired and put her down for a nap at 9:30. She cried for 30 minutes, though, and finally at 10, she was quiet. So at that point I went out to mow the lawn. I hadn't gone to do it while she was crying just in case after 30 minutes she still wasn't asleep. (30 minutes is my magic time for Alegria's crying before naps and picking her up.) Anyway. I was almost done mowing the front when I heard Alegria crying. It didn't sound like she was going to go back to sleep, so I finished mowing the front, showered, and then went to pick Alegria up.

The rest of the day, we played and read and sang and finally, at 2:30, Alegria was so exhausted that she slept really deeply that two hours later I still hadn't heard a peep from her. I knew that she wouldn't go to sleep until late if she woke up past 4:30, so I went in and found her in the exact same position I had laid her in! She usually moves around a bit when she sleeps, so I got a picture of her, which woke her up (all part of my plan!). :)

I had been planning on mowing the rest of the lawn during Alegria's afternoon nap, but since I was so tired myself, I decided to just take a nap as well...only I ended up reading some more out of Eclipse.

The rest of the evening went well. Alegria ate her oatmeal and chicken noodle and then she had her bath. When I put her in bed, she went to sleep pretty fast. We'll see how the night goes!

I then mowed the back lawn, which only took me 20 minutes. Then I went and took a nice bubble bath while I read some more in my book. :)

At the end of the night, I talked to Cameron for a little bit. I just can't wait to see him on Wednesday!!! YAY!!!

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!