Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Today Alegria turned 38 weeks old!!! I can't believe how fast time has gone by! With each day she becomes more and more strong-willed. It's getting so difficult to get a good picture of her every week, even when I try to take them as soon as she wakes up and is fed! I was lucky to get these three and as you can see, in one she has her hand in front of her face. That one would have been so cute with that big smile of hers!

Today the main thing that happened was that Alegria had an appointment to get her 6-month shots. Yes, she's almost 9 months old and she's barely getting her 6-month shots. I blame all the travel. Anyway. At the doctor's office, the ladies at the front desk kept talking to Alegria and telling her how cute she is. They just loved her!

We finally went back to a room and it was a fun baby room! The walls were decorated with wall art of the Cat in the Hat, the Wild Things, and the Very Hungry Caterpillar. Whoever painted those walls did an awesome job!

Well, the nurse took Alegria's vitals and growth assessment. She weighed 18 pounds, 9.75 ounces (50th percentile), was 28 inchess tall (75th percentile), and her head circumference was 44 cm/17 inches (50th percentile). When the doctor came in, she said Alegria was right on track! :) So we're very happy about that. After speaking with our new doctor (I really liked her, by the way!), the nurse came back in to give Alegria her shots. This was the part I was dreading. For her other shots, Cameron has always been the one to hold her while she gets vaccinated, so I was not looking forward to having to do that. Alegria needed 7 vaccinations. Luckily those 7 were combined into only 3 actual shots. She got two in her right leg and one in her left leg. I had to hold Alegria's arms and torso down while the nurse held Alegria's legs. Unfortunatley, the nurse had forgotten to get bandaids out prior to giving the first shot, so after the first shot, she rummaged around and so I had to hear Alegria's crying for longer than I had hoped. Needless to say, I teared up as well. :'( Finally the ordeal was over. As we waited for the nurse to come back with Alegria's shot record, Alegria actually stopped crying and was just playing with my keys. I thought I'd need to nurse her to get her to forget the shots, but I didn't.

On the way home, Alegria fell asleep. I don't blame her. Not only was she drugged up (yes, I gave her some baby Tylenol before she got the shots), but it was also her nap time. As soon as we got home, I nursed her and put her to bed. She slept for 2 hours. :)

When Alegria woke up from her nap, she was in a much better mood! I was so glad! So we played and listened to music and had Abilehi take a couple of pictures. :) It was a pleasant afternoon. :) And when Alegria went to bed, I couldn't help but be proud of her. She did such a great job at the doctor's office today! :)

The evening sky was beautiful! Abilehi pointed it out to me and we got a couple of pictures. This is my favorite. :)

Then later on, I got to talk to Cameron again. I had already let him know how the doctor's appointment had gone and we discussed travel plans a little more. I wish the Army would be better at giving the men dates so they can make plans and buy plane tickets! By the time they tell us the dates of Cameron's next training schools, the prices will have skyrocketed, I'm sure!!!


Cameron had picked up his uniform from the tailor's earlier today and he sent me a picture that he took on his phone. I just LOVE the way he looks in his dress blues!!! So classy!!! :) I only wish that I could be at graduation with him so I can see him in his dress blues in person! I would be the proudest woman there, to be with the handsomest officer there!!! :)

Well, that's about it for today. Good bye!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!