Monday, January 11, 2010

Carpet Cleaning

It was finally time. We had tried as hard as possible to ask people to take their shoes off when entering our house, but truth be told, in the end, even we were culprits and would walk in with our shoes...for example, when Alegria would fall asleep in the car and we'd take her straight in to her room to lay her in bed...you really can't unlace shoes and take them off while holding a sleeping child!

Anyway. Last night Cameron and I moved all of the furniture into the kitchen and dining room. This is what our carpet looked like this morning:

Let me tell you how fun it was to climb over all of this furniture to feed Alegria and myself...not much fun, actually!

We moved everything out of all of the rooms except for the beds, Cameron's and my dresser, the office desk, the electric piano, and the entertainment center. In fact, I forgot to take pictures, but the guest bathroom had most of Alegria's stuff in it and our bathroom had our nightstands in it.

Here's the big tube and wire that the gentleman needed to run his equipment:


In the meantime, Alegria and I watched Sesame Street in Cameron's and my bedroom, since that would be the last room to be cleaned.

When it came time for our room and the hallways to be cleaned, Alegria and I bundled up and went to the garage, where Alegria played in the car for a little while:



As I was paying the gentleman, Alegria decided to go see Isis. And this is what I found when I came to get her:



Poor Isis! She wanted to come out and play, but we were already late for Story Time and had to go! Also, Alegria had been wearing gloves when she first came outside...but do you see them on her? No! Isis took them while Alegria was trying to pet her!

So I took some bricks and covered the hole so Isis wouldn't try to follow us and get out and then Alegria an I went to the library. We were a little late to Story Time, but we still got there in time to have fun!

Because we had to wait 3-4 hours for the carpets to dry, we went over to Little Josh's house and the kids played while Andrea and I visited. Andrea gave us a nice lunch (thank you!) and she even set up Josh's pack-n-play for Alegria to take a nap in. Alegria would not have it! Needless to say, when we finally got home, Alegria was so tired she went right to sleep! And so did I. :)

The carpets still seemed a tiny bit damp to me as the day wore on, so we decided to wait until Alegria was in bed to move everything back.

Here's the end result:

I must say, for $90, I think we got a really good deal! The gentleman did an awesome job, used a wonderful-smelling soap, and the carpets in the WHOLE house (that's 3 small bedrooms, a large bedroom, 3 hallways, and a large living room) look great! They will definitely continue to have our business!

Since the kitchen was still off-limits, I went to H.E.B. and got us some fried chicken and jo-jos for dinner and we had a picnic in the livng room:

At first Alegria didn't want to eat anything except the ranch dressing, but finally, after Cameron and I had already finished eating, she decided she wanted a whole chicken breast to herself:

Alegria: "Oh. My. Gosh! This chicken is divine!"



Then there was time for playing:



Sweet cowgirl!







Now we have to go put all the furniture back...good night!

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl,
    Sorry it has been so long. You look great as always. I am glad you got to dance with your husband at the wedding...it has been a long time since I have danced with mine. So does Alegria get scared when watching Aladin??? I wonder because EIsie has not see n it yet but gets scared at other movies that have lots of noise and scary characters. Your carpets look great! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is a good deal! Is it a local company, or a national chain? I actually got an inside deal on our carpets before we moved in, but he was a high school friend of Boe, and he drove 2 hours to come clean our carpets for cost. Carpets are great when they are newly cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good deal on the carpets! Isn't it nice to walk on clean rug again? I love the pics of Alegria eating the burger and the piece of chicken. Too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!