Saturday, January 5, 2013

Funcakes!

Last night, poor Odette could not get comfortable.  After what seemed like hours of her tossing and turning and drinking lots of water, I finally decided that maybe she was too hot.  She loves her monkey footie pajamas, but she gets hot very easily, so I had her take her pajamas off and just sleep in her diaper.  That worked.  She laid in the crook of my arm and slept peacefully for the rest of the night.  :)

When the girls woke up (and woke me up), we cuddled and laid in bed for a while longer until both girls were too hungry to wait anymore.  We got dressed and went to have breakfast.

I surprised the girls with Mickey Mouse pancakes (FUNcakes!), which they loved!  :)





Odette loved it so much, she didn't wait for me to bring her a fork...she just dug in with her bare hands!



After breakfast, I got the diaper bag ready and we went grocery shopping.  The forecast originally said there would be rain in the afternoon, so I wanted to get that out of the way so I didn't have to drag the girls out in the rain.

Once the shopping was done, we came back home, had some lunch, and then Odette went down for a nap.

While Odette napped, Alegria played on the computer and I worked on a project I'd been meaning to get done a long time ago.

My mom purchased three really neat educational books for Alegria a while back.  When I was looking through them, I realized that they were workbooks, but they're so great, that I was a little sad that if Alegria worked in them, Odette, or any other children of ours for that matter, would miss out!  So today I finally cut the binding off of one, laminated every page, and then put it back together with binder rings!  I forgot to take a before picture of the book I worked on today, but the other two books look like this:


And the first book now looks like this:


Side by side comparison:


Thickness comparison:


A view when opened:


The book is a lot heavier and thicker now, but it's also more durable!  I found these neat dry erase crayons this summer when I was getting the girls' birthday party together, so that's what I plan on having Alegria and Odette use when we work in these books!  The girls were so excited as they saw me putting the book together, that we read the first few pages, which basically just introduced the alphabet.  They got to trace the letters with their fingers and trace shapes that letters use...I can't wait to get more in depth into it!  :)

The rest of the day was pretty low-key.  We colored, played, watched a movie, had dinner, I bathed the girls, they brushed their teeth...

Then it was countdown time again.  :)



(Notice Odette's wearing her summer PJs!  Hopefully she'll sleep better tonight!)





Once the girls were in bed, I prepared my class for tomorrow.

And now I'm going to watch a little TV and then go to bed!  

Good night!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!