Thursday, June 16, 2011

Quarantine - Day 2

Our day was pretty low-key...again.  :)

I think Odette woke up at about 7:30. I can't remember. What I do remember is that when I was about to change her diaper and then give her toys or put her in her walker while I showered...the doorbell was barely 7:45!!!

It was the floor installer guy. Just one guy. I was surprised. He was coming from Austin and didn't realize he'd get here as soon as he did. Oh well. He got to work right away. As he was ripping up the carpet, Alegria was saying something like "He break it!" It was funny. I had to explain to her that we'd asked him to "break" it and that we were getting new floors. :)

We had some breakfast at the kitchen table:

Then we went to the master bedroom, where we spent the rest of the day, playing and watching movies (those are the wood panels behind Odette that will be installed today).

I also wanted to fold all of the clean (now probably all-wrinkled) laundry that's piled up in there, but Odette wouldn't let me let go of her...we had to "walk" pretty much all day unless she was nursing...

I would nurse Odette and she'd doze on the bed, but only twice and never for long enough.

At one point, the guy told me that he was going to level the floor and that for an hour and a half, we wouldn't be able to walk on the floor, so I brought snacks in with us and we had a little picnic lunch in the bedroom.

Odette did at one point leave me to go from the night stand to the bed. Soon she'll stand on her own an then walk on her own!

Alegria liked throwing herself backwards onto the bed:

Alegria tickled Odette:

And Alegria was playing "Pat-a-Cake" with Odette! Can you hear her saying "Roll it! Pat-a-cake! Mark it with a B!" So cute! I had been playing that with Odette earlier and Alegria totally copied me!!! :)

At 5 we came out and had some dinner. The guy told me that if it was ok with me that he'd work up until 7.

I offered him a sandwich or smoothie and he took a smoothie.  I don't think he liked it, though because he left half of it.  I felt bad that I didn't have anything else to offer, but I'm not big on cooking, especially when Cameron's not around! 

Then the girls and I went back to the bedroom. 

The guy ended up leaving at 8. So that's when Odette went to bed. He got the floors done, but has to come back tomorrow to put the transition pieces in as well as the trim. I can't wait to see it when it's completely done! Already it looks awesome! :)

Alegria LOVED "dancing" on the new floor!

She was finally in bed by 9:15, I think. I can't remember.

Then I fed the dog and fish and now I'm here.

I was going to write Cameron's daily email and I'm totally bummed that I reacted too quickily and said yes to change to the new Yahoo email format. I really don't like it! I used to be able to send a lot of pictures in one email to him (as many as 34, last I can remember), but now I have to send multiple emails in order to send him all of the pictures I take!!! BUMMER!!! :( And I can't switch back now. :( So so so SO bummed!!! :(

However, I DID get a phone call from Cameron today, so that was the highlight of the day!  Apparently, after the incident on Monday, they were also in the middle of moving locations, so that's why he hadn't been able to call.  :)

Other than that, I'm exhausted. I'm literally falling asleep at the computer. I need to go to bed.

Sleep well y'all!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!