Monday, July 6, 2009

BBQ King!

This morning Abilehi and I were going to go for a brisk walk at 6 am. Well...at 6 am, Alegria was asleep in my arms from me having nursed her a couple of hours earlier and I had fallen asleep in the rocking chair with her...AND it was raining torrents! So I texted Abilehi to tell her the situation and we decided to cancel our plans. The rain was good, though. Our lawn needed it and it cooled the day off...if only for just a few hours in the morning.

Once Alegria was up, we had a fun time playing in the living room. We're trying to conserve energy and don't turn the AC on much, so Alegria and I try to play only in areas with a fan...meaning the living room, basically. The other ceiling fan is in the master bedroom, but we don't play in there much. Anyway, here she is, trying to take her bow out of her hair yet again:

Oh well! She's cute without her bow, too!

Cameron is on a roll! After two days of barbecuing hot dogs on the grill, today he decided he was ready to grill chicken! And boy, did it turn out GOOD!!! He's gone from BBQ amateur to BBQ King!!! :)

After dinner, Cameron put together a fan that he bought for Alegria's room. Alegria wanted to help:

Alegria: "Daddy, what can I do to help?"

"Can I bring the rest of the parts out of the box for you?"

"I'll get the base..."

"Now what?"

"Ok. I've got the pole steady."

"How about this blue bag? Do you need it?"

"I'm holding it steady for you, Daddy."

"Hold on...I think there's a part we're missing...let me get it from the box..."

"Ok, we've got it! Hold it...hold it!"

"Great work now, Daddy! Now let's plug this thing in and see how it works!"

"Oh! Did we forget the front panel? I'll hold the fan while you put the cover on. Don't worry, I won't let it fall!"

"Mommy, why don't you make yourself useful..."

"Alright! Here we go! Last piece!"

"We didn't miss anything, right? We're all good?"

"Now to relax inside this box. Ahhh!"

Here are Alegria's 45-week pictures:

Alegria: "That's a wrap! Now to take this bow off!!!"

Here Cameron is putting up a framed copy of the Declaration of Independence and a framed copy of the Constitution. He made the frames himself! I'm so proud of him...they're beautiful!

Alegria: "Now hold on, Daddy! I can tell you if the pictures are straight!"

Alegria is not only Daddy's Little Girl, but also Daddy's Little Helper!

Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. hey girl,

    Looks like you are enjoying life with your husband around!! I am so happy that you are all back together again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!