Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Blue and Gold Banquet

Today was a busy least it was busy starting in the afternoon!

I got together a plethora of toys for Alegria to play with. Then we headed over to our friend Tasha's house. She wanted some help with an updo for her husband's work dinner, so I offered to help. I let her know in advance, though, that I'm not expert! :)

When we arrived, Alegria was pleased to find that Tasha and her husband have a little 5-month old dog named Chewy! He was so cute and playful, I shouldn't have even worried about bringing any toys for Alegria! She entertained herself throughout the whole time we were there by either playing with the puppy or playing with the various hair accessories and supplies I had brought.

After three failed attempts, I was finally able to get Tasha's hair to work for me and I got it up in a smal bun that was hidden by golden, flowy, curly tendrils. Boy, am I glad I'm not a hairstylist! I can sure work with my own hair, but it's definitely difficult working with someone else's hair! Tasha's hair is beautiful, but it's straight and since mine's curly, I wasn't used to working with the texture of her hair...and it was heavier than I thought it would be! But it came out nice in the end, so I was glad to have been able to help.

On our way out, Tasha gave us some homemade chocolate chip cookies as a thank you. YUM! :)

Since we were running later than I had planned on, Alegria and I headed straight to the Church building. We got there a little early, so I just let Alegria run around as I waited for Brother Bever to show up. He and I had a meeting at 6:30.

6:30 came and went and Brother Bever still hadn't shown up, so Alegria and I just went to the cultural hall for the Blue and Gold Banquet. Normally, I wouldn't attend this function, but since I'm the Primary President and the Cub Scouts are under the Primary jurisdiction, I went to represent the Primary Presidency.

Here are the boys lined up and ready to begin the ceremony and formalities:

It was hard to keep Alegria quiet and entertained while the ceremony was going on. When she went for my chapstick, I didn't want her to and was going to take it away, but then I decided she'd be quiet if I just left her alone:

She was trying to apply the chapstick, but of course, she's still too little to know how exactly, so after trying to eat it, she finally decided that was't working and that she'd try using her finger. At this point, I finally took it away before it got ruined! Luckily I was able to redirect her attention to something else until the end of the formalities.

Once it was safe to let her run around, we had a little something to eat and then I let Alegria wander around. She found the flag stand to be quite fascinating!

After dinner, I met with Brother Bever. He had been running around to various activities with his kids and had forgotten about our meeting, but we were still able to meet afterwards, so that was good.

While I was in my meeting, Cameron took Alegria home. He has his Young Men's activities to go to on Wednesdays, so when he was done, he went home and got Alegria to bed.

Finally I'm now at home and I can relax. Wow. What a day.

Now it's off to bed for me, too!

Good night! :)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!