Friday, April 6, 2012

Easter Wreath

Today was a pretty typical day...morning walk, afternoon playing and relaxing.  

We ended up going grocery shopping in the evening and I purchased some Easter Eggs, not only to fill with candies for the girls' Easter Egg Hunt this weekend, but also for me to make an Easter Wreath with.  When I finished my project, I was very happy with the result:


I had originally tried putting bunny and chick stickers on the plastic eggs, but that made the wreath look too infantile.  Then I remembered that I had one or two leftover butterflies from Odette's bedroom wall hanging project and I added it to my wreath.  Perfect.  :) 

Cameron was a little confused by the butterfly, saying that it was not an Easter icon, but I quickly replied that it most definitely was!  

In fact, a couple of years ago, I gave a lesson on the symbols of Easter at our Primary Easter activity, so I looked up the quote from the internet that I had used that says, "The Butterfly is one of the significant symbols of Easter.  Its whole life cycle is meant to symbolize the life of Jesus Christ.  The first stage, is the caterpillar, which stands for His life on Earth.  Second phase begins from the cocoon stage, portraying the crucifixion and burial of Jesus.  The third and final stage is the butterfly, representing His raising from the dead in a glorified body and peace."  You can read more about the symbols of Easter from The Holiday Spot.

So there you have it.

G'night y'all!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!