Saturday, May 29, 2010

Visiting the Graves

It's a tradition in the Fullmer family to visit the graves of loved ones on Memorial Day weekend. In the past, when Cameron and I lived in Montana, this consisted of going to Rexburg on Saturday, and then heading over to Star Valley that evening, where we'd stay until Sunday evening and then come home. And then Monday would be spent on yardwork in preparation for the summer and hopefully nicer, sunnier weather that would help the flowers and trees bloom!

Well...being that we have Alegria with us and traveling is difficult for a little one to begin with...and the added knowledge that Kellen's and Britney's wedding is so close at hand, we discussed it and decided that this year, we'd make it a one-day trip.

So this morning I woke up and got ready, hoping Alegria would sleep through my showering and getting dressed, but such was not the case. She woke up at about 6 when I got up, but thankfully, she was in a good mood and played patiently as I got ready. Then I got her ready and the rest of her stuff in her diaper bag. We were out the door at 7...right on time!

Since Grandpa had been out of town and needed to return his rented vehicle, he had gone on before us and was waiting at a McDonald's when we arrived. We ordered some food and then headed on our way. Alegria loved the hotcakes! Thank goodness she's old enough now that she's a pretty good eater and didn't make much of a mess!

At the beginning of our trip, it snowed:

Then it was windy and a little drizzle-y, but that didn't stop us from getting out and decorating the graves! Even Alegria enjoyed being in on the action and even signed "water" to me, telling me that the flowers we were decorating with were also being watered!

What a patriotic cutie!

Helping Grandma:

Posing behind Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Fullmer's gravestone:

After visiting Grandma and Grandpa Fullmer's graves, we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Allen's graves, but it was raining more by then and Alegria and I stayed in the car.

Then we went to have lunch at Applebee's...YUM!!! Alegria was really tired by then, so in order to keep her in a good mood, Aunt Carrol kept walking with her and showing her the various pictures on the walls until the server brought out Alegria's food (we had the server bring her food out as soon as possible, no waiting for our food!)...and then when she had had her fill, I walked with her and showed her all of the pictures time and again. :)

Finally, we were on our way back to Bozeman. Alegria and I were able to nap in the car, so I was happy about that!

Back home, it was play time as usual:

And then it was bath time. When Alegria got out of the tub, her feet made imprints in the rug and I thought they were so tiny and adorable! :)

Now, after a long day of travel, Alegria is off to bed and as soon as I've written Cameron a letter, I'll be heading off to dreamland myself!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!