Thursday, February 3, 2011

I Believe in the Power of Prayer

Upon getting out of bed this morning, I found Alegria in Odette's crib...again.  It's no surprise anymore that she'll climb in...she just can't get enough of her little sister!  I can see that the Lord blessed us with two beautiful little girls that will be the best of friends forever!  What a wonderful gift!

We recently changed the start of playgroup from 11 to 11:30 and thank goodness we did because I seem to be arriving later and later each time!  Today my excuse was that I was waiting for the cable guy to show up.  Yesterday, with all of the rolling power outages happening in the area, it must have fried my main cable box to constantly be turning off and on, so I had to get a technician to come fix it.  Unfortunately, I missed yesterday's episode of "The Doctors!"  ARG!

When the technician arrived, he checked our box out and it turned out that he had to replace the whole thing.  Once he got it done, I signed the service papers and he left.

Then I finished getting myself and the girls ready and we were on our way to playgroup.

I had tried to get Odette to nap earlier today, before the cable guy arrived, but she wouldn't, so when we got to playgroup and Tucker was so cute just chillin' on the floor and I decided to get a picture of the two babies together, Odette had a big fit!  So I picked her up and thank goodness, she fell asleep for a little while and then when she woke up she was in a much better mood!  

Since I was the last one to arrive and it was past noon when I got there with the girls, lunch was already ready.  Tasha brought out some extra chairs to see if the children would like to sit in them and as soon as she did, Quinn went right to a chair and sat!  Apparently, he was ready to eat!  Lee joined him shortly after!

This whole time, Alegria was playing.  I had asked her if she wanted to eat, and she did...but she only sat for about a minute and picked at a roll and then went back to playing.  She LOVES playgroup!  And I love it, too!  Alegria is entertained with her little friends, which gives me a chance to have some adult conversation with mine.  Odette is usually pretty good, too.  :)

On the way home, we stopped by Abilehi and Ryan's place to feed Maverick, "their" cat.  I had asked Abilehi the other day whether Ryan would be adopting Maverick Eustus and if his last name would be changed to McFarland, too, but Abilehi said they hadn't discussed that yet.  Haha!  :)

Once Maverick was taken care of, I nursed Odette and then the girls and I continued on our journey home...both girls fell asleep.  I knew they would!  Playgroup always has that effect on them!  Alegria had been playing so much that she ended up not eating at Tasha's, so I had giving her a granola bar and that satisfied her before drifting off to sleep. 

Once home, both girls woke up and we just relaxed the rest of the day.

I had to change Odette's outfit, though...  :)

After dinner, we played some more and then it was time for bed.  Odette fell asleep pretty fast and then Alegria and I watched some Signing Time dvds together.  Here she's signing "wait."  Alegria tends to be a little impatient, so I'm hoping that watching this particular dvd again might help her to better understand how to wait more patiently when I ask her to please wait!

After looking at the picture below that I got of Alegria, I noticed that she's looking more grown up every day.  :(  Can't she stay little and without attitude?

Kissing the "Mommy Giraffe."  :)

After Alegria was in bed, I went about my nightly tasks...and was happy to find that the cold water in my kitchen faucet was running again!  YAY!!!

I then fed Isis and gave her some time to eat and digest while I worked out. I finally brought her into the garage.  When I first opened my garage door, though, I found a light layer of snow covering everything:

The back looked simiar:

We'll see if the night brings much more of the white stuff!!!

Now, you're probably wondering how the title to this post has anything to do with what you've read so far...

Well, today my prayers were answered.

While we were at playgroup, Cameron sent me a message to my Facebook account, which I received as a text to my phone, saying that he was online.  I texted him back that I was at playgroup and asked him how he was...

And then he replied that he had gotten hit with an IED (Improvised Explosive Device) but that nothing had happened to him or his men.

A few minutes later, he called me and we were able to talk on the phone for about five minutes.

I love Cameron so much and am so very grateful to Heavenly Father that he was watching over Cameron and his men and protecting them from this roadside bomb.  I've always believed in the power of prayer, but to have the constant prayers that the girls and I send up to our Father in Heaven answered yet again today strengthens my faith even more.  I will never cease praying.  I will never cease believing...because prayer works.

Here are a couple of pictures of Cameron in Iraq:

We love you, Cameron, and will continue praying for your safe return!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!