Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tiny Tea Party-er

After last night's party, I had a lot of cleaning up to do...well, the cleaning up wasn't so bad, it was the chocolate fountain that was the most time-consuming...not because it takes a long time to clean, but because there was a LOT of chocolate left over and I didn't want it to go to waste!  So after cleaning up, I got to the task of covering everything that I could in chocolate...all of the leftover heart marshmallows...covered in chocolate.  All of the leftover pretzels...covered in chocolate.  Bananas and strawberries...covered in chocolate!  I was so tired, though, that I didn't realize it until I was almost done, that instead of taking one pretzel at a time and running it under the fountain to cover it, I could fill my 2-cup glass measuring cup with chocolate, drop a handful of pretzels in, swirl them around to coat them, and then just take them out one by one and place them on the wax paper!  SO much faster!  Had I done that from the beginning, I wouldn't have been finishing up at 5 am!!!

Needless to say, this morning I was extremely tired.  I brought the girls into my room and let them watch TV and play while I tried to catch some more Zs. 

Finally, I got up and got us all ready and by 9:30, we were in the kitchen having breakfast.

At 10:30, I had a Copperas Cove Mom's Club potluck lunch to attend and I was bringing a 7-layer dip, so I got started on making that.  I gave Odette one of Alegria's straw cups to play with in hopes that she would try to sip from it.  (The other day, she reached for my water bottle and when I brought it to her mouth, she drank from it...but the water had ice in it and it was so cold that it took her by surprise!)  Anyway.  I'm hoping that she'll want to drink out of a cup more and that way, soon I'll start giving her juice!  :)

We got to the potluck a little late because, well, Miss Odette decided she wanted to take a short nap at 10!  It was fine, though.  We got there and there were already a good number of ladies there.  We added our dish to the smorgasbord of dishes and sat and ate and visited.  Alegria was a little shy and at first didn't play with the other kids...she just stayed near me and munched on some chips.  Finally, though, she went and got some toys and made one new little friend.  :)

Somewhere around the noon hour, or shortly thereafter, we went home.  I put the girls down for naps and then I chatted with Cameron online.

When the girls woke up, they were rested and refreshed...and I'd had my fill of talking to Cameron for the day, so I was happy, too!  :)

While I changed Odette's diaper, Alegria took Odette's clothes bins out from underneath her crib and was coming in and out from under there, saying "I stuck!"

Odette...happy to have a dry diaper!

Alegria had also used the bottom of Odette's crib as a secret storage place for her shape-sorter shapes...

After playing in Odette's room for a while, we came out to the living room and Alegria brought out her chairs for her and Odette to have a tea party.  Odette was all for it and immediately reached for the cupcake Alegria served her!

This made Alegria extremely unhappy because Odette can't grab things very well yet and just kept making the cupcake fall on the floor and Alegria had to keep picking it up and putting it on the plate...only to have Odette do the same thing all over again!

Finally Alegria had had enough and yelled at Odette to "STOP!"  Lol!  I had to remind her that SHE was the one that wanted Odette to have a tea party with her and that Odette was trying to "eat" the cupcake that Alegria was giving her, so she shouldn't get upset that Odette was grabbing at it!

However, I can relate to Alegria's frustration...she does the same thing to me!  So I told her to give Odette a spoon or something else to play with while she set the table up again.  Alegria opted to give her a fork, so I made sure Odette grabbed it in a way that when she brought it to her face, the tines would not poke her in the eyes!

Odette, like all little ones at this age, happy with whatever is given to her:

Odette was super excited that she was invited to Alegria's tea party!

AND she was super excited that she could actually sit so much better and hold herself up at the table without Mommy staying two inches away!  :)

What a big girl!!!

The rest of the day was uneventful. 

Once Odette had had her bath and was in bed, then Alegria had her bath.  We then watched her Daddy movie while she read along in her book:

And that was our day!  Tomorrow is another busy day, so I'm out!

Good night y'all!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!