Sunday, December 13, 2009

Yule Log

Alegria wore her Christmas dress to Church today. Believe me...it's a cute dress! :)

She was so tired when we got home that when I put her down so that I could take my shoes off before going to put her to bed, she just plopped down on the ground!

It was almost 4 and Alegria still wasn't up, so Cameron went to open her door...and got a picture of our tired little girl!

Once the picture was taken, she woke up. :)

While I finished getting dinner ready, Daddy and Alegria went outside to play with Isis:

Yes...the thing in her hand that Alegria is offering Isis to eat is a ROCK. Funny thing is, though, Isis actually chews on rocks sometimes. :)

Tonight we had the Hawkins and Abilehi over for dinner. Up to now, every time we've had dinner with the Hawkins, it's either been at their place and Andrea's made a delicious meal...or it's been at our place and Andrea's made a delicious meal! (Can you believe how cool she is?! She would make a meal and then bring it ALL to our place!!!) So for a treat, this time I made the whole meal and Andrea didn't have to lift a finger! :) I made a yummy deer roast from the deer Cameron killed a few weeks ago. Actually, I made TWO roasts since we were having 5 adults to dinner and I wasn't sure one roast would suffice. I prepared everything this morning in our crockpot and when we got home our place smelled sooooo good! That's the best part about making a roast...the wonderful aroma!!! It's a good thing I made two roasts...there was hardly a sliver of meat left at the end!!! :)

And for dessert...I made a yule log! I'd been wanting to make one of these for a long time now and never had. I was afraid of a disaster and also bought ingredients for some Christmas Tree brownies, but I didn't have to make them...the yule log not only came out simple, but beautiful...it was also yummy!



Everyone stayed a while after dinner and we chatted and enjoyed each other's company.

Ah...good times with friends and family!!! :)

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Hey how are you doing??? It sounds like you are busy as ever. You are so cute making dinner for everyone...I need to do that more often!! Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!