Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pipsqueak Preschool - Week 10!

It's my week to host preschool again, and even though I had promised myself I would NOT be up all night the night before again like last time...well...it happened again anyway.  Oh well!

I took a short nap from about the time Cameron left to go to work (5:50) until about 7.  I got up, got myself and the girls ready, and then we went on our walk.

When we got home, the girls watched some TV in the master bedroom while I showered and got ready.  Then I put Odette down for a morning nap and Alegria and I waited for her schoolmates to arrive.

This week I'm teaching the children the letter "J," the number "10," the shape "square," and the color "white."  I decorated the entertainment center with various objects that either began with the letter "J" or that were white.  I didn't have too many, but it was fine (the puzzles on the table and the blocks were only for the children to play with while we waited for everyone to arrive):


We read books, sang songs, jumped around, and just plain had fun while learning! 

My favorite part was the craft, though.  I found a cute idea online on how to make a jellyfish craft...perfect since we were learning the letter "J!"  I cut two pieces of laminating paper for each child into the bell shape of a jellyfish.  I then cut ten strips out of a blue plastic tablecloth for each child for the jellyfish tentacles (to tie in the number "10!").  As far as decorating the jellyfish, I had the children decorate them with sequins...they loved it and their jellyfish turned out super cute!





For their snack, I gave them juice and Jell-O Jigglers in the shape of the letter "J," a jet, and either "Jack" or "Jill!"  Yes...lots of use of the letter "J!"



The children really enjoyed themselves and were happy that they got to take home not only their cool jellyfish craft, but also a little frog that they got for jumping when I read the word "jump" in the book "Jump, Frog, Jump!"

Chloe stayed for an hour afterwards and had a little play date with Alegria.

Once she left, I was so exhausted that I crashed on the couch while Alegria and Odette played in the living room and watched a movie.



When Daddy came home from work, we all just relaxed.

Odette practiced her walking skills, too...  Soon she won't crawl anymore at all!


Happy Odette!  This is how she smiles at us every time she walks to us and we clap for her and hug her for walking!



High five!




At the end of the night, I displayed Alegria's and the sample jellyfish in Alegria's room...LOVE them!  :)


*sigh*

I can't wait to go to bed tonight!

Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Cute little walking girl and Alegria looks so grown up! Get some more sleep lady!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!