Saturday, November 19, 2011

Service Project and The Hunt

Cameron and I woke up at 3:30 am.  He got ready and left to go hunting somewhere near San Antonio.  Once he left, I went back to bed.

I got up a little before 6, worked out, showered and got ready, and by the time I was done, the girls were waking up.  I got them dressed and fed...mmm...Toaster Strudels!!!

Then we left.

We stopped by Abilehi's place first to pick her up.  Then we met up with a few other people from church at the church building.  From there, we all went to Shawn Camp Insurance, where there was already a large group of people ready to Keep Copperas Cove Beautiful!  :)

First things first, we were all given t-shirts.  They ran out of the white long-sleeve children's sizes, so Alegria and Odette got to pick out short-sleeved t-shirts from last year's leftovers that were in various colors.  Alegria, of course, chose blue.  I chose pink for Odette.

Next they had donuts and juice for the helpers.  As soon as we walked into the building, I just HAD to get a picture with none other than...drumroll, please...FLO!!!

Alegria having her second breakfast, Abilehi having her first:

Odette was bored being inside and wanted to get out and start working already!

While Abilehi and Alegria finished their breakfast, Odette and I went out to find something to do. 

As part of a program to get the community involved in keeping Copperas Cove looking beautiful, different companies throughout the city invite volunteers to come and help beautify their businesses and in the process, this gives them some free help and free advertisement for their it's a win-win! 

I found a lady who looked like she knew what she was doing and asked what I could help with.  She handed me a paintbrush and a can of paint and asked me to paint the top of a cement block where their company name is.  She warned that the paint was oil-based, so if it got on my clothes, it would never come I was extremely careful, especially since the wind was blowing!  At one point, a gentleman came up to me and told me that I wasn't really painting because my clothes weren't all covered in paint, saying that he paints a lot and that his clothes always have paint all over them!  Lol!

In the meantime, Odette was sweating up a storm with the difficult job she had of supervising me and the job I was doing:

And Alegria helped pick up fallen leaves:

Once relieved of our duties, I let Odette run around a bit...she was glad to be out of the stroller:

We had a super fun time rendering service today!  :)

After the service project, we went to Abilehi's house so that the girls could play with Maverick and so that I could see how Abilehi has decorated the walls of her and Ryan's home.  The girls LOVED petting their cousin Maverick:

Odette had to be coached in the fine art of being "soft:"

Odette was quite intrigued by the table that you could see through!

Cute piggies!

After a while, Maverick had had enough of the touching, so he hid behind the couch.  Alegria would not accept the fact that he didn't want to be petted!  She tried convincing him to come out by saying, "Come out, Maverick!  I be soft!"

Finally we left, not only because it was getting close to lunch time, but also because I'm allergic to cats and in 30 minutes of us being there, even without touching Maverick, I had already begun to sneeze like a maniac.  So home we went, with Abilehi following behind us in her car.

Abilehi made a French Toast Casserole for lunch for us today:

It was sublimely delicious!!!  Mm-MM!!!  :)

Then both girls went down for naps and Abilehi and I hung out and watched a chick flick.  Fun times!  :)

At 3:30, twelve hours after Cameron had woken up this morning, he finally returned home from his hunting trip.  Boy, it had been quite the trip for him!

On the way, the water pump in the truck busted, so Cameron ended up having to call the gentleman who's property he was going to hunt on to come and pick him up. 

Cameron shot a nice buck:

We will have plenty of meat to last us a while!  YUM!

After skinning the deer and while it drained, Cameron went to go see about getting his truck fixed.

As soon as Cameron got home, he showered and began cutting up the deer into filets, roasts, and lots of other cuts of meat that I would have no idea how to cut myself.  I don't think I would have made it as an Indian Squaw!  Haha!  Cameron, though, is a pro!

It sure was a full day today!

Good night everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!