Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving 2011!!!

Oh, how I love living in these highly technological times!  All I did was put a pre-cooked turkey breast in the crockpot...



...and then I got the girls and myself ready and headed out to the park...not a worry on my mind at all!

At the park, Alegria played with her elephant:




And Odette and I watched Daddy play some football at the annual Turkey Bowl!





Touchdown!!!




Good game...good game...



Cameron left the field with a small battle wound...all for the fun of the game!


The girls wanted to keep playing outside, so we headed over to the park next to the field the men were playing football at and played on the playset for a little while:











Finally it was time to go home.  Cameron led the way:




Upon our return home, the house was filled with the wonderful aroma of our delicious turkey cooking in the crock-pot!  We still had a little bit longer to wait, though, so in the meantime, Odette went down for a nap, Alegria played, Daddy watched football, and I finished getting the rest of the meal ready.

At about 2, we woke Odette up from her nap and sat down to our Thanksgiving dinner:


Then it was time to eat!

Yummy turkey breast (so far Cameron and I are the only ones who end up eating the turkey and we both prefer the turkey breast, so why buy a whole turkey?!):



Odette loved the stuffing most of all:



Her favorite way to communicate?  Pointing.  More of THAT please!  :)



When she'd had her fill, Odette played on the floor at my feet:





Unfortunately, Alegria was not very keen on the meal placed before her and only had the few required bites of her food and then asked to be excused.  Isis, on the other hand, loved what Cameron gave her and gobbled it all up!



After dinner, everyone went outside and played on the trampoline for a little bit:




Once we'd had time for our food to settle, it was time for pie!

Here's the pie sitting next to a cute turkey decoration Alegria made at preschool on Monday:


I placed the pie on a fall placemat I found in my oven mitt drawer.  We have a set of six somewhat-themed placemats like this one.  We got them as a wedding gift almost 6.5 years ago...but I can't for the life of me remember who gave them to us!  They look handmade and they're beautiful...I just wish I knew who made them for us!!!


My homemade pumpkin pie was a hit!  Even Alegria couldn't wait to dig in!




Cameron's comment was, "If I had a store-bought pie and your pie in front of me and I took a bite out of each...I wouldn't be able to tell the difference."  :)  Awesome.  :)


After dessert, it was back to reality...and laundry.  Thankfully, Odette helped me with it:


Sort of.  :)


What a wonderful Thanksgiving Day we had today!  We are so grateful to have our family complete this year...that Cameron came home safe and sound from Iraq and that all of us are healthy and happy.  We're thankful for the love and support of all of our family and friends...and most of all, we're thankful for the many blessings that the Lord grants us each and every day. 

We hope your Thanksgiving Day was just as happy as ours was.

Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!