Sunday, June 28, 2009

Funny Faces!

Cameron left early this morning to go out to the field for the last time during our stay in Kentucky. He kissed us goodbye and was gone.

Alegria and I kept sleeping. At about 7:15 I woke up but stayed in bed wondering if I should get up and start getting ready and risk waking Alegria up. I wanted to make sure she slept long and well so she'd be in a good mood during church. At 7:25 I finally made my move...and sure enough, that woke Alegria up.

We got ready and were out the door a little later than last time. I figured it would be okay, though. We'd only miss the attendance-taking...and I was right. We got there as the services were just beginning...and there was more room today, so Alegria and I didn't have to search high and lo for a seat. Also, because there weren't as many soldiers there today, it wasn't as hot in the building, though I had actually brought my Cambodian fan with me.

Today the high councilman and three of his daughters were there. Before the brother spoke, his 13-year old daughter sang a song...a very special song. She told us that two years ago (when she was 11), she went to visit Arlington Cemetery with her family and that it impacted her so much that she wrote a song. And that's what she sang to us. It's called "Our Brave Soldiers." It was beautiful! I was so impressed!

After church, Alegria and I returned home and we both took a nap.

When we awoke from our nap, Alegria and I just played around. Here she is playing with her favorite chair:



Here she is playing with the suitcase:

Here she is playing with the wall:



Here she is playing "peek-a-boo" with me with one of her blankets:


And here's a picture of Alegria ALMOST taking her first step! She was cruising at the edge of the bed and decided she wanted to go play near her crib. Usually she just gets down and crawls to it, but today, she attempted to actually "walk" to it! I missed it, though, because I tried getting a video of it after getting this shot and I totally missed it as I switched the camera from still shot to video. So she hasn't had her first step yet. If I didn't see it, it didn't happen! Though...actually, she had her first step the other day, come to think of it. Cameron was playing with her and I told her to come to me and she actually took one step! When she did it, Cameron and I were amazed and just stared at each other for a couple of seconds! I can feel it in the air! Alegria will be walking soon!!!

Happy with herself, she sings praises at her good work!

The next few pictures are funny faces! When we play at her crib, what we usually do is play "peek-a-boo" around the corners of it with Alegria on one end of the crib and me on the other. Alegria gets super excited and mashes her face up against the mesh of the crib and today I actually got pictures of some of the faces she made! The first one is my favorite!!! She reminds me of Quasimodo!!!






After our fun with the crib, Alegria goes back to exploring other things. Here she's trying to take her changing pad off the bed (we use the bed as her changing table).

By the end of the night, Alegria has had so much fun, she wants to call her Daddy to let him know all we've done. :) It's too bad he has his phone turned off and we can't get a hold of him. :( But it's for the best! We don't want him to lose his concentration and not do well on his missions!

And that was our Sunday.

Oh! I almost forgot! Today I was reading some message boards on What To Expect.com and I found out that Billy Mays died. Boy, was it a bad week for Hollywood! Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now Billy Mays! May they rest in peace.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!