Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Boy, was Alegria hungry at lunch today! See how she fits her whole fist full of food in her mouth?



After having some scrambled eggs, Alegria entertains herself with the grapes from her fruit cocktail:


Tom Thumb, anyone?

Since we went to the Hail and Farewell yesterday night, I wasn't able to finish Cameron's cake. I had been planning on finishing it while he was gone to the Hail and Farewell so that when he returned we could cut it and celebrate. However, by the time we got home last night, Alegria was ready for bed and so were we, so the cake had to wait until today.

And here it is! It's an all-edible mostly fondant replica of an M1A2 Abrams MBT Tank! The wheels are made of mini oreos and the gun and wind sensor are Pirouline cookies/wafers. Oh, and Cameron is the tank commander of 4th (Green) Platoon, so his is the "first" tank...hence that explains the writing on the cake board and yesterday's entry title! Also, I had told Cameron what I was making for his cake and so Cameron was the one who found a picture for me to use to replicate as a cake and even requested that I write "F4" on the tank, meaning Fox Troop (Cameron's Troop) and 4th Platoon (Cameron's Platoon). In addition, he had me add the one black stripe on the gun because his tank, being the first (commanding) tank has one stripe (the second one has two...so on and so forth).



At the last minute, I decided that I wanted to make the turret moveable...so here's a video of the rotating turret:



I'm sad that I forgot take still pictures of Cameron with his cake, but we did get a video of us singing to him and him cutting it:



We all enjoyed some cake and then had a nice afternoon.

Alegria trying on my rose-colored glasses:


Alegria trying to find something to eat or play with in the fridge:


On a family outing to Wal-Mart, Alegria was given the choice of taking either Big Bear or Benny with her...and she chose both...again!


Finally it was time to go Trick-or-Treating! Here's Alegria with Daddy before going out in the neighborhood. I don't know why Alegria tends to not smile when she's in costume! She looks so cute!

We had a good amount of Trick-or-Treaters, but not as many as we had anticipated. We only gave out half of all the candy we had bought.

Cameron told me that Alegria didn't really ever get the concept down of Trick-or-Treating. She HAS gotten the concept down of candy tasting good, though! Here she is looking for the best of the candy she got:







She doesn't really understand unwrapping candy first, either...maybe next year. :)

Later on in the evening, while I baked a cake, Daddy watched some football and Alegria watched some "Baby Signing Time."

We had an EXCELLENT Halloween...because it was spent as a family. :)

Good night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!