Monday, January 24, 2011

Quiet Time

The big (and only) outing of the day today was Walmart.  I try to go just once a week, though sometimes I've had to return for bananas or milk.  I try to buy enough to last the week, but sometimes Alegria will eat more bananas in the week than usual and I have to return and get more.  It's too bad bananas get soft so fast!  I use them in my smoothies every morning and Alegria will have them at meals sometimes, so I get enough to last the week because if I get more than that, they're usually too soft for me to want to eat!

Anyway.

Odette went down for a nap at 10:30.  We had planned on leaving as soon as she woke up, but when she still wasn't awake by 11:40, I went and woke her up because I really needed us to get the grocery shopping done!  Once I woke her up, I changed her diaper and nursed her and then got both girls in the car.

As we were pulling out of the garage, Cameron called!  And that's ALWAYS a good excuse to put anything off!  :)  So I parked the car again and he and I chatted for a while.  Then he spoke to Alegria and when we hung up the phone with Daddy, we went on our way.

By the time we got to Walmart, it was already about 12:30 and I had some returns to make, so after all was said and done, we didn't get home til close to 2:30.  Odette was tired enough by then that she went down for another nap as soon as we got home, Alegria, on the other hand...

Alegria is getting to the point where if she naps too long during the day, she's up all night, so depending on our activity of the day, she can sometimes make it through the day without a nap at all, so...

I told Alegria that today we were going to have quiet time...that she didn't have to take a nap, but that she and I were going to turn the TV off (it was on while I nursed Odette to put her down for a nap), and that we were going to just have some quiet time in her room.  At first, Alegria was upset that I turned her movie off, but then when I diverted her attention to the new coloring book she got today at the store (she had completely filled up the pages of her last one), she was more than happy to join me in her room to color:

Unfortunately, Odette didn't nap as long as I thought she would have, so when she woke up and Alegria and I were still having quiet time, I went to get her and she joined us:

And then quiet time was over when Alegria and Odette shook their little groove things!  Haha!



After playing in Alegria's room a little more, we came out to the living room, where Alegria found new ways to sit in one of her little chairs:


Then today, Cameron's new camera also arrived (his fell and broke in Iraq about a week or so ago)...and Alegria had fun trying to sit in the box it came in!
 
She got stuck in the small box, though, and looked like a turtle as she tried to maneuver herself out of it!
 
Odette just chilled and watched Alegria:



At the end of the night, once the girls were in bed and the dog and fish were fed and my chores were done, I finally sat down with all of my craft materials to begin putting together the Valentine's crafts that "the girls" were making for Daddy for his Valentine's Day package.  It wasn't until 4 am that I finished with the first set of stuff we're sending him, but I love crafts and it sure was fun making them and I hope Daddy loves it all!  I got pictures, but I won't post those until he receives his package!

Now it's off to bed for me.

Good night!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting...come back soon for updates!